Who Should Attend?
Volunteers and staff interested in learning more about securing philanthropic support for their organization. The Development Seminar Series is especially suited for small organizations with limited staff such as historic preservation organizations, small museums, County Historical Commissions or other nonprofit organizations.
The Development Seminar Series highlights best practices and facilitates dynamic group interactions to help teach fundraisers how to achieve their goals.
Development 101: Understanding How to Secure Financial Resources for Your Nonprofit
Presented by Rebecca Borchers
Do you have a passion for your mission, but need money to implement your dreams and make a difference in the world? Understanding fundraising can help you secure the resources you need to move forward. This full-day seminar introduces participants to the development process.
- Best practices for donor communications: Creating Your Fundraising Toolkit
- Using technology to advance your mission
- Building unrestricted resources through annual fund campaigns
- Understanding special project and capital campaign funding
- Best practices in gift processing, recordkeeping and stewardship
- Cultivating relationships for major gift support
Grant Writing Workshop
Presented by Rebecca Borchers and Sunny Howard
Foundation, government, and corporate grants can provide generous support for your organization's special projects if you know how and where to solicit funding. This full-day seminar teaches participants how to identify prospective funding partners and write proposals.
*Participants will be asked, but not required to bring a written description of a project they are seeking funding for. This workshop is a hands-on experience where participants develop and write sections of a proposal, and review peer's writing and budgets.
- Identifying potential funders
- Developing the case for support
- Project development and evaluation
- Preparing the budget
- Tips on writing the narrative and completing the application
- Grant administration best practices
Workshop Pricing Menu:
Day 1 (Development 101) - $215
Day 2 (Grant Writing) - $215
Registration is now closed.
Cancelation Policy: Cancelation requests must be received in writing by April 27, 2015, in order to receive a refund. A cancelation fee of $25 will be charged.
Parking: Limited on-street parking is available adjacent to the church. Parking is also available at the Visitor's Parking Garage at 13th and San Jacinto.
For more information - Contact Sunny Howard at 512.936.2189