Who Should Attend?
Volunteers and staff interested in learning more about securing philanthropic support for their organization. The Development Seminar Series is suited for large and small organizations with limited staff in any discipline.
The Development Seminar Series highlights best practices and facilitates dynamic group interactions to help teach fundraisers how to achieve their goals.
Two seminars are held in Austin in the spring and fall each year. Watch for the 2016 dates!
Development 101: Understanding How to Secure Financial Resources for Your Nonprofit
- Best practices for donor communications: Creating Your Fundraising Toolkit
- Using technology to advance your mission
- Building unrestricted resources through annual fund campaigns
- Understanding special project and capital campaign funding
- Best practices in gift processing, recordkeeping and stewardship
- Cultivating relationships for major gift support
Grant Writing Workshop: Understanding Special Project Funding
Foundation, government, and corporate grants can provide generous support for your organization's special projects if you know how and where to solicit funding. This full-day seminar teaches participants how to identify prospective funding partners and write proposals.
*Participants will be asked, but not required to bring a written description of a project they are seeking funding for. This workshop is a hands-on experience where participants develop and write sections of a proposal, and review peer's writing and budgets.
- Identifying potential funders
- Developing the case for support
- Project development and evaluation
- Preparing the budget
- Tips on writing the narrative and completing the application
- Grant administration best practices
For more information - Contact Rebecca Borchers at 512.936.2241